Friday, September 23, 2016

Brooke Amodei - Philippians 2:3-4


Christian Community
Philippians 2:3-4

"Do not do anything out of selfish or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of others"


This verse was very meaningful to me because I used to think that because I wasn't physically in a mission field, I couldn't help better God's Kingdom as a teenager. I realize that we need to be God's light everywhere I go, from school to work. Putting the needs of others ahead of my own is a fantastic way to show God's love and compassion to get others curious about Him. God calls on us to be His ambassadors and to put others' needs before our own because that's what He did and still does with us! This is, of course, harder than it sounds, but we must remember how God treated us and put us before Himself on the Cross, and every day as He works around us and in our hearts.




Brooke Amodei lives in Wilton, CT. She is a Hope Church-goer and Oasis Youth Group Attendant for 3 years.  She serves on the Children's, Youth, and Worship Team.

No comments:

Post a Comment