Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Bill Duncan - Romans 1:16


Making Christ Known
Romans 1:16
"For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God to salvation to everyone who believes, . . . . . "  Romans 1:16
 Is it really brothers and sisters, do you and I truly believe these words?  Is the truth of the gospel that powerful that it's message can erase a life time of sin, pain, and doubt?
Can this amazing story of Jesus who walked on this earth delivered the most beautiful words ever uttered on this planet, sacrificed his life to bring us into a right standing with a holy God be true?
 Well friends I believe this with all my mind, heart and soul, that Jesus is all He claims to be, and I am sure you do too.
How does hope Church live this faith out?  We do it through missions and personnel evangelism.  Personal Evangelism!  If you have never given it much thought, then it's time.  We know the truth we have seen it, felt it, experienced the changes Jesus has made in our lives, so share it.  It's that simple, if you've read a good book you talk about it don't you well . . . Let's see if these words truly hold the power to change a persons heart that they claim to be able to do.
 I was working at a home in Darien, a young family had just moved into town and needed my help.  I went to the home and made the repairs, but as I left I noticed she was decorating for Christmas and we began to talk about the holiday and she said to me something I will never forget " I just don't understand why we do all this". Her question shocked me here was a woman in her late 20s from the middle of the country and never heard the story of Jesus and why we celebrated this day.  I was so moved by her question that I put my day on hold and took some time to tell her the story of Christ birth, His life and sacrifice for His lost children and that faith Is the key to life.
When I had finished she looked at me and said that was the most beautiful story she had ever heard, and I told her that's Christmas.  I never did see her again but I pray for her and hope that the truth of the gospel has brought her and her family to salvation.
You can do the same thing share what you already know, look for opportunities to tell people the amazing truth of the gospel that is written on your heart.
"Always be ready to give an answer for the hope that lives in you"

No comments:

Post a Comment