Monday, December 12, 2016

David Llanos - Colossians 4:2-6

Making Christ Known
Colossians 4:2-6
2  Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.  3  And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. 4  Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should.  5  Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity.  6  Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

Am I ready?  
Am I ready for God's working today?  
Have you ever had that question?  Have you ever doubted yourself and what you are capable of as an ambassador of Christ?  I know that over the course of my life I have had this question many times.  Many times my doubts have won out and I have hesitated or even shied away from reaching out to people that God has put into my life.  As I reflect on why this happens, Colossians proves to provide the perfect solution to our worries and doubts about reaching out to a lost and hurting world.  
Prayer.  
Preparatory Prayer!
We all do it casually and sometimes mindlessly.  We whisper prayers and utterances that are borne from necessity or peril, but how often do we intentionally pray for preparedness?  
Colossians reminds us to be devoted to prayer, to be prepared by prayer for watchfulness and readiness.  When we pray intentionally God can not only work in us but he can open doors, and, help us to speak clearly with His thoughts.  He can help us to walk with discernment, tempering every rough edge of our sin prone flesh, giving us the grace and love that the world so desperately craves and needs to see from us.  
He can give the most timid of us the boldness and the courage to be able to share the good news with even the toughest of skeptics, the hardest of hearts and the most unloveable of people. That is our mission!
Through prayer that is intentional preparation, ask the good Father to give you a heart for the lost, the words to say, the doors to open, and the courage to walk in obedience and love!


David Llanos has been a member of Hope church since 1998 and serves as an Elder and as a co-director of the CARS ministry at Hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment