Monday, October 3, 2016

Jennifer Gish - 1 Corinthians 15:58


Serving                                                                                                1 Corinthians 15:58
“Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.”
In this verse, Paul is telling us that whenever we are weary of serving, we should persevere with the knowledge that God is at work even when we don’t see it. 
He is also telling us to always give ourselves fully to the Lord. When we trust in him and we are fully dependent on him, that is when we can experience a level of commitment, and success like never before.
I feel personally that God has given me gifts that I can use to help others that I never in a million years thought I could do. I never thought I could decorate anything or put a flower arrangement together or even teach Sunday school. I pray that I can be God’s hands and feet, and I pray that he will use my gifts to glorify him in some way.  We all have gifts that God has given to us to serve him, whether it is teaching Sunday school, greeting, making a meal for someone, helping with VBS, encouraging someone, praying, even helping someone clean up. These are all things that we can do to come along side each other in the body of Christ and spur one another on. We all have different gifts that he has given us and thank goodness for that,so when we come together everyone works as a team so that we can make an impact on this world so they will know we are Christ followers.
I encourage you to pray on a daily basis that God will use you in some way, and that he will reveal to you what your gifts are, so that you can find that sweet spot where you’re serving him, but also doing what God intended you to do with the gifts he has blessed you with.
So even If what you are doing seems so small and that you are not making a big impact, God rewards your effort based on your attitude and your heart.
Pray that God will give you the strength and He will, don’t try and do it on your own, you will usually fail. He is right there, encouraging you. When we a fully dependent on him, that is when we can experience a level of commitment, and fulfillment and success like never before.
Jennifer Gish, lives in Wilton, she is currently as a mentor mom for Mops and is serving in hospitality and on the decorating team.

No comments:

Post a Comment