Monday, October 17, 2016

Laura Gaus - 2 Corinthians 8:1-4

Missions
2 Corinthians 8:1-4

And now, brother, we want you to know about the Grace that God has given the Macedonian churches. Out of the most severe trial, their overflowing joy and their extreme poverty welled up in rich generosity. For I testify that they gave as much as they were able and even beyond their ability entirely on their own. They urgently pleaded with us for the privilege of sharing in this service to the saints.
In this verse God is relating to us the importance of generosity through all circumstances. To trust fully in God in which He will supply your daily needs. The Macedonians had little and had overflowing joy and gave what they could without being prompted. They were willing and saw the greater picture of God's kingdom and not their situation.
Tithing joyfully has been a struggle for me. My attitude can be on self preservation rather than jubilation. At times, I'm still concerned how my weekly and monthly bills will be met. Having one income, I tend to put myself as (CFO) and not GOD. When I do sit in that chair, my life becomes chaotic that leads to roads of frustration and worry. God always comes through if I only just Let go, so I can grow. He is in charge of my money and my life. In scripture he says, Mt 6:24b "you cannot serve serve God and money." This is my godly reminder that everything belong to HIM.
Question: Are you willing to be a jubilant giver and sacrifice some earthly pleasures to have the gospel be sent to the far away places?


Laura Gaus, Rowayton, 14 yrs. at Hope, serving with Youth Ministry team.

No comments:

Post a Comment