Monday, October 31, 2016

Ken Friedrichsen - Ephesians 6:10-12

Resist Temptation
Ephesians 6:10-12

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.
 
Personally I love versus where we are reassured of his presence and strength and it also calls us to some action.   Thinking about the armor gives me the feeling that he is protecting us, it is very visual and we can relate to be being protected from an enemy with this description. The action of putting it on tells me that I have to acknowledge his lordship over me accepting that Christ died for me thereby giving me access to this protection. I also like the reference to being "strong in the lord" this makes me want to understand and read his word so that I can be prepared.
 
Verse 10 of this passage calls us to be "strong in the Lord", to me this implies that we are knowledgeable in his word and are applying it to our lives. The second part "Strength of his might" reassures me that he has the power to overcome anything according to his will.
Verse 11 is comforting in that when I pray for help or forgiveness that I am getting his whole promise fulfilled through Jesus Christ and can feel confident he will protect me from whatever schemes of the Devil there are.
Verse 12 further comforts me in that god has the power to intercede for us against those forces that without him we would crumble. It makes it clear that there are large forces dedicated to our downfall. The part of this verse that mentions "present darkness" is reassuring in that this world is only temporary and that Heaven will be an amazing place lit up by his presence.
Ken Friedrichsen has attended Hope for 46 Years, Servant Leader on your Elder Board.

No comments:

Post a Comment